Assistance with Technician Questions
Subject Matter Experts
Subject Matter Experts (SME) are volunteers from the ranks of SPCP trainers who have met or exceeded the requirements of the SPCP to be designated Trainer Members. Generally, an SME is a trainer member who provides expert advice or judgments regarding industry requirements, has specialist knowledge and skills, is familiar with the industry, and has proven current expertise in the industry. The advice and counsel provided by an SME is known herein as the “Service.” The SPCP web site, which identifies participating Trainer Members as SMEs, is herein known as the “Site.”
Terms and Conditions of Use of the Service
- By using this Site and the Service and its information and forums, you hereby agree to the terms of this Service. By using this Service you hold this Service and the individual SME not legally responsible for any damages due to advice given by any SMEs to you. This Site, the Service and the SMEs take no responsibility for consequences of any actions that arise from advice given. Any opinion given is based upon information provided by you and can not be taken as absolute.
- By using this Service, you understand and agree that all advice given and followed is at your own risk and you do not hold this Site or its SMEs responsible for any damages.
- All technical advice provided or published by SMEs is provided with an attempt to ensure fair balance, objectivity, independence, and relevance to the needs of the inquiring technician. In view of the possibility of errors by the SMEs, neither the SPCP or any SME involved in the preparation of material contained in the Service represents or warrants that the information contained therein is in every respect accurate, complete, or appropriate for your specific purpose, and they are not responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such material. You are encouraged to confirm the information contained herein with other sources.
- The information provided through this site is designed to support, not replace, continuing education. The information is not intended to replace professional advice offered by medical or health care professionals. Reliance on any information provided by the site, the service or individual SMEs is solely at your own risk. The Service and the individual SMEs make no warranties with respect to any permanent cosmetics procedure, procedure guidelines, procedure methods, actions, pigments, removers, or other products or materials. Never disregard medical advice because of something you have read on this Service! This Service is not intended, and must not be taken, to be the provision or practice of medical, nursing, or professional health care advice or services in any jurisdiction.
- The SPCP does not recommend or endorse any specific test, products, services, or procedures that may be mentioned on the Service or through an SME.
- The SPCP and SMEs assume no liability or responsibility for any direct, indirect, consequential, special, exemplary, or other damages or injury to persons or property arising from any advice given, information, idea, or instruction contained in or made available through the Service.
- In availing themselves of the Service, the inquirer shall at all time abide by the SPCP Code of Ethics.
- Reference to any practice involving the use of prescriptive or OTC (over the counter) drugs is prohibited unless the SME and caller are both practicing physicians.
- Advice regarding advanced procedures such as camouflage, blush, eye shadow, and removal techniques will only be offered to technicians who have received advanced training in their application and technicians may be required to produce supporting evidence of said training.
- SMEs are under no obligation to answer any particular question to which, in their sole judgment, they are not qualified or uncomfortable in providing a response to the question(s).