Regulations – Maine
These statutes are subject to change and modification. The Society does not warrant the accuracy or status of either the statutes or regulations. Anyone examining this site should review their own state statutes or regulations for information. These statutes and regulations may not be reviewed for content or accuracy. Publication of this information is educational only and does not constitute legal advice.
Know of updated information or have a suggestion? Let us know!
- Licensing Main Department of Health and Human Services Link: http://legislature.maine.gov/statutes/32/title32ch63sec0.html
- Micropigmentation: https://www.maine.gov/dhhs/mecdc/environmental-health/el/business/business-answers-micropigmentation.htm#01
- Application (Tattooing and Micropigmentation are included on the same application)
- 10-44-1 (Micropigmentation) Ch 211 Download Link (Click on Ch 211)
- Must be Board Certified by the American Academy of Micropigmentation, as proof of basic competence, within two years of obtaining a license to practice
https://www.maine.gov/sos/cec/rules/10/chaps10.htm#144 See H.2.
- Micropigmentation Education and Training Link:
- Training is licensee-specific depending on the credentials or lack of in another profession, i.e., Cosmetology – Hair and Skin Care, Cosmetology – Nail Technician, Electrologists, Medical, Tattooing or none of these listed professions.
https://www.maine.gov/sos/cec/rules/10/chaps10.htm#144 Ch 211 Download Link (Click n Ch 211) Paragraph 8 A-K